The Russian military is using mobile crematoria around the clock in Ukraine as locals complain of the stench of corpses.
Ukraine armed forces have reported that the facility is operating constantly in the northeastern part of the occupied city of Melitopol.
The information came from The General Staff of the Armed Forces of Ukraine which published the details on its Facebook page yesterday (Friday, July 4) at 6pm.
READ MORE: Top Russian politician admits country 'could cease to exist' on Putin's state-run TV
It said: “Glory to Ukraine!
“Day 527 of the full-scale Russian military aggression continues,” says the post adding that day there had been 39 airstrikes amongst other aggression on Ukraine cities and armed forces.
It adds: “As a result of the Russian terrorist attacks, unfortunately, there are dead and wounded among the civilians, houses and other infrastructure were destroyed.
“The threat of missile and air strikes remains high across Ukraine.”
The post goes on to detail the mobile crematorium in Melitopol.
It says: “The enemy continues to hide his losses.
“Mobile crematoria are actively used for this purpose.
“In particular, it is known that one of these crematoria is currently operating 24/7 in the northeastern part of the occupied Melitopol, Zaporizhzhia Oblast, while the bodies of the dead occupants are transported by trucks.
“In addition, local residents complain about the constant corpse stench in the city, especially at night."
Melitopol has been under Russian control since March 2022.
The city was captured by Russian troops shortly after Moscow launched its full-scale invasion of Ukraine in February last year.
Pro-Ukrainian partisans have remained active in the city, orchestrating several attacks against the pro-Russian administration installed in the place of its elected leaders.
Meanwhile it is claimed that despot Vladimir Putin is facing a second march on Moscow.
Back in June the Wagner Group mercenaries left the fighting in Ukraine and turned on the Russian President's regime, fuming over the handling of the war.
Wagner boss Yevgeny Prigozhin ordered his men take over the city of Rostov before making their way to Moscow.
However, they turned around before reaching the capital after a deal, brokered by Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko, was struck. The Wagner fighters are now in Belarus.
Putin was forced to flee Moscow and had men positioned on the outskirts of the city, prepared to fight the revolt.
For more shocking stories from the Daily Star, make sure you sign up to one of our newsletters
Now, less than two months later, the Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine says history could repeat itself – but this time it will be the Russian people not Wagner.
Oleksiy Danilov, the secretary of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, took to Twitter on Tuesday (August 1) and claimed Russia's plans to attack Kyiv could be put on ice as they face a troubling scenario on the home front.
He claimed "protests by dissatisfied people" are growing in Russia, and that a second uprising could be right around the corner.
Source: Read Full Article