Police arrest pregnant mum in pyjamas for ‘anti-lockdown Facebook post’

A pregnant mum was handcuffed in front of her two children after she allegedly wrote an anti-lockdown Facebook post.

Zoe Buhler filmed the moment police entered her home in Miners Rest, north of Ballarat, in Australia, with an arrest warrant.

The 28-year-old, with the Facebook name Zoe Lee, is accused of creating a "Freedom Day" event on social media calling for people to protest against the Victorian government’s lockdown measures.

Video of her arrest shows Buhler, wearing checked pyjamas, becoming distressed when the officers place the handcuffs on her.

A masked officer tells her she's being arrested for incitement.

Buhler replies: "I have no idea why you guys are doing this.

"My two kids are here. I have an ultrasound in an hour. I'm happy to delete the post.

"I don’t really understand what I've done wrong. This is ridiculous. I didn't realise I was doing anything wrong."

More than 9,000 members have joined the private group, Freedom Day, where Buhler was believed to have organised the anti-lockdown protest of the same name.

A spokesperson for Victoria Police said: "Victoria Police is aware of a prohibited gathering which is planned for Ballarat on Saturday.

"Any gathering of this nature is in blatant breach of the Chief Health Officer’s directions and puts Victorian lives at risk."

They added that anyone thinking of "attending the protest, can expect a swift and firm response".

The Regional Victoria has been placed a Stage 3 lockdown restrictions, meaning people are only allowed to gather outdoors with only one other person from their household.

But the video has provoked anger after it was seen more than 1.6 million times.

Liberal politician Craig Kelly who said the scene was "what you’d expect to see in Nazi Germany".

Other viewers expressed a similar thought and one asked: "Just curious who feels like Victoria is becoming like North Korea and part of China?"

Another wrote: "It's like the Australian version of National Security Law."

Buhler was later released on bail to face Ballarat Magistrates Court on January 25 next year.

Source: Read Full Article