A mum is warning others about bath toys after her little son was nearly blinded following a terrifying tub incident.
Eden Strong said she didn’t think much at first after her little by Baylor squirted himself in the eye with a toy while in the bath.
But she started to panic once his eye grew to “twice the size” and redness started spreading down his cheek, The Mirror reports.
Eden, from Chicago in the US, said: “His eye was so swollen that the white part was bulging out from between his eyelid and his iris was being obscured.
“He felt hot to the touch and a temperature check showed that he had a raging fever."
She rushed him to hospital where she prayed doctors would be able to save his vision.
Thankfully her tot’s eye healed – but now Eden has urgently warned other parents on Facebook.
Eden said she knew water can get trapped in rubber bath toys so she squeezes them out after the bath and washes them to avoid mould.
But she didn’t realise that invisible bacteria can still grow.
Mum's sepsis warning after 'red line' appears on son's arm when he cut his hand
When her boy first squirted himself she thought his eye was just irritated by the water.
But the loving mum noticed her son’s eye had begun to redden and looked extremely sore so she took him to a doctor who prescribed drops.
In the middle of the night, as she checked on Baylor, she noticed his eye had now swollen massively.
Daughter's 'feet cut in rotten Pontins holiday room found riddled with glass'
She rushed him to A&E where the condition began to worsen.
Eden said she preyed as they drove to the hospital that he wouldn’t have to lose an eye.
A CT scan showed that Baylor had cellulitis, a common, potentially serious bacterial skin infection.
She said: "They warned me that he may lose vision in the worse eye, but in the end, thank the Lord his eyes healed."
Giving a warning to parents, Eden wrote: "But tub toys? Throw them out. You cannot clean them, you just can’t. I don’t have any mouldy tub toy pictures to show here, because there was never any visible mould to take a picture of.
"You can't see bacteria and I've known that since 6th grade science class but I thought I was better than dirty tub toys. I was wrong. So those tub toys? Just throw them out.
"Please share and prevent another baby from going through what I accidentally put mine through."
Source: Read Full Article