‘Kind and loving’ boy, 15, dies after being found in park as cops probe incident

Police have launched an investigation after the death of a 15-year-old boy who was found in a park.

Alfie Lawton’s “unresponsive” body was discovered on the Green Lane Recreation Ground in New Malden, south west London, on Monday evening, February 8.

Emergency services descended on the scene and Alfie was taken to hospital, where he was tragically pronounced dead.

Police say the incident is being treated as unexplained but is not suspicious, and a post mortem is currently being scheduled.

A GoFundMe page has been set upto help cover funeral expenses, and has already raised £8,000.

Family friend Terry Anderson wrote on it: “Those of you who know Josh and Sarah Lawton will probably have heard their heartbreaking news that their 15-year-old boy suddenly passed away on Monday afternoon.

“For me, and for others I am sure, the news hit like a dump truck.

"Old friends of mine suffering an unimaginable pain.

“Alfie was kind, loving and full of life. His only downfall was that he hogged the bathroom too much.”

  • Elon Musk teases next model Tesla Roadster could hover – and even have rockets

Police want to hear from witnesses in or around Green Lane Recreation Ground on Monday, February 8, and anyone who spoke to Alfie in the days before his death.

A Kingston Police spokesperson said: "We were called at 6.59pm on Monday 8th February to reports of an unresponsive male found in Green Lane Recreation Ground, New Malden near the railway lines.

"We attended, and despite the best efforts of the public who found him and the London Ambulance, Alfie was sadly pronounced dead a short time later.

"His next of kin have been informed.

"Alfie's death is being treated as unexplained, but not suspicious, and a post mortem is currently being scheduled."

  • 'Ridiculous' E-fit was key in tracking down Libby Squire murderer Pawel Relowicz

"The Met's South West Local Investigations team are leading the investigation into the circumstances of the incident and enquiries are ongoing.

"Police are urging anyone who was in or around Green Lane Recreation Ground on the evening of Monday, 8 February, or who may spoken with Alfie in the days before his death, to get in touch."

A London Ambulance Service spokesperson added: "We were called at 6.56pm on 8 February to reports of an incident on Raeburn Avenue near Hogsmill river, Surbiton.

"We sent a number of resources, including an ambulance crew, two medics in cars, an incident response officer, and an advanced paramedic.

"We treated a boy at the scene and took him to hospital."

Source: Read Full Article