Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have sparked "concern" for the royal family after snubbing King Charles' birthday, an expert claims.
The monarch is turning 75 on Tuesday (November 14), but the Duke and Duchess of Sussex are not expected to attend the bash. Sources initially reported Harry had replied "no" to the King's invitation, which is expected to see friends and family gather at Clarence House.
However, the Prince's spokesperson has since hit back at the rumours and said there had been "no contact regarding an invitation." With the Sussexes not planning to make an appearance, the rift between them and their royal relatives shows no signs of letting up.
READ MORE: Nostradamus' chilling 2024 predictions including King Charles drama, war and tsunami
For the latest news and updates from the royal family, click here.
Royal commentator Richard Fitzwilliams reckons the pair could wreak havoc with their future plans. "Despite earlier reports to the contrary, Harry and Meghan claim via a spokesperson that they were not invited to the King’s 75th birthday celebrations has highlighted the depth of the royal rift," he told the Daily Star.
"The timing of this intervention when the King had given a historic speech opening Parliament and the Earthshot Prize winners had been announced, with Prince William attending the ceremony in Singapore, was clearly no accident. There is bound to be concern about the Sussexes future plans as it is impossible to trust them!"
Meghan and Harry to launch 'fight back' as they 'feel empire is crumbling', expert claims
Despite the ever-present tension between the Sussexes and the rest of the Firm, Charles still plans to mark his birthday in style. "He will reportedly be celebrating at Clarence House privately with family and friends," Fitzwilliams continued.
"It will be a landmark birthday when he turns 75. He will also be using the occasion to launch a new initiative to tackle food waste."
Join the Daily Star's WhatsApp for the sexiest headlines, showbiz gossip and lots more
The Daily Star is now on WhatsApp and we want you to join us!
Through the app, we'll send you the sassiest showbiz stories, some naught headline and a seismic smattering of aliens…along with the latest breaking news of course.
To join our community, all you have to do to join is click on this link, select 'Join Chat' and you're in!
No one will be able to see who has sign up and no one can send messages except for the Daily Star team. We also treat our community members to competitions, special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners.
If you don’t like our community, you can check out any time you like. To leave our community click on the name at the top of your screen and choose Exit group. If you’re curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.
CLICK HERE TO JOIN
This will be Charles' second birthday since ascending the throne in September 2022 following the death of Queen Elizabeth II. Britain's longest-reigning monarch was 96 when she passed away at her summer residence of Balmoral in Scotland.
Fitzwilliams said this had left Charles with plenty of time to prepare for his role as King. "The King has seen his long apprenticeship as Prince of Wales as preparation for his reign," he added.
For the latest breaking news and stories from across the globe from the Daily Star, sign up for our newsletter by clicking here.
Source: Read Full Article