Disgusting Brit restaurant caught serving out-of-date meat from filthy kitchen

A restaurant that was caught selling out-of-date joints of pork has been handed a massive fine by health inspectors.

The Koyla Kitchen, in Dudley, West Midlands, “had failed to implement procedures to ensure food was safe and protect it from contamination,” Dudley Council said.

Now the restaurant’s parent company, K2JY Limited, has been landed with a whopping £45,000 court bill.

READ MORE: McDonald's horror as gran bins entire dinner when she sees 'horrendous' kitchen

Dudley Magistrates' Court heard how environmental health officers visited The Koyla Kitchen in January last year.

Three imported pork legs, available to be purchased at the restaurant, were found to be 'unsafe' as they had a use-by date of January 20 last year, reports Birmingham Live.

Staff were seen lighting a Shaan tandoor oven in an 'unsafe manner' due to a fault with its ignition system.

It meant there was a failure to protect the health, safety, and welfare of employees. Inspectors also found there were poor standards of cleanliness.

Steps have since been taken to remedy the breaches and the owner has co-operated with the investigation, the court heard on May 3. The business was ordered to pay fines totalling £41,336, a victim surcharge of £2,533.40 and costs of £1,686.82.

  • Heinz spaghetti with 'maggots living inside' leaves mum feeling sick

Owner Inderjit Kaur Pandher admitted charges on behalf of K2JY Limited and appeared at the court on May 3. She admitted four food hygiene breaches and one health and safety breach.

Separate charges against Ms Pandher were dropped. Councillor Ian Bevan, Dudley Council's cabinet member-elect for public health, said: "Our environmental health officers take hygiene breaches very seriously, as failure to comply can put the wellbeing of consumers at risk.

"It goes without saying that as paying customers we all have the right to expect that the food we eat is safe. When that’s not the case we will take action to protect consumers.

"This is another successful case as we strive to uphold hygiene standards across the borough, and I hope it serves as an example to other food premises."


  • Inside 'Britain's grimmest suburb' turned into 'rat's paradise' by fly-tippers
  • Mum films rat stealing daughter's bourbon biscuit inside vermin-infested home
  • Massive rat 'crawls all over' sleeping man on train in sickening viral footage
  • Rat-infested Indian restaurant found with kitchen covered in piles of droppings

Source: Read Full Article