Devastated family lose everything in shocking house fire ‘started by laptop’

A family have been left homeless just weeks before Christmas after a house fire "left their loft in their kitchen".

Joanne Bresnahan, 43, has been told that the gutted property won't be habitable for nine months, the Liverpool Echo reports.

She was ordering a takeaway to be delivered to the family home in Fazakerley, Liverpool, when she heard a "crackling" noise coming from her daughter Rebecca's bedroom.

After going upstairs to see what was causing the noise, Joanne found the bedroom "completely engulfed in flames."

Despite rushing back upstairs with buckets of water to throw on the flames, it was too late to stop the destruction.

The fire, which is said to have started from a laptop in the bedroom, completely gutted the property, caused the windows to blow out and the loft to fall through into the living room.

Adding to the family's devastation, all of their possessions were lost in the inferno.

It's been a tough year for Joanne, after her daughter Rebecca, 20, underwent surgery to remove a brain tumour.

Her niece Carla is now trying to raise money to help the family get back on their feet, and to keep a roof over their heads in the coming months.

  • Woman dog walker, 21, shot dead by gunman 'who fired 24 shots after row over poop'

Carla said: "It was Saturday night and her daughter Rebecca was in the bedroom. She'd gone downstairs to order a Chinese and she was only downstairs about five minutes to place the order.

"Her mum Joanne heard a crackling noise or something upstairs. She didn't know what it was so she went upstairs to check and Rebecca's room was completely engulfed in flames.

"She's shouted to her partner 'there's a fire in Rebecca's room' and went down to get buckets of water.

"As they've gone back upstairs the fire was too bad for them to get back up. It was just so bad.

  • Man 'throws ex out of fourth floor window after eight days of rape and torture'

"They've got the dogs and gone outside, gone to the neighbours and called the fire brigade."

Carla added: "The loft is now in the living room. The fire brigade couldn't believe how quickly it's gone through.

"They've lost absolutely everything.

"Joanne's daughter has not long had a brain tumour removed. She's only 20.

"They've gone through so much this year."

  • Husband who beat and strangled wife to death before burning body in woods jailed

Carla said Joanne and her partner Jason are currently staying in a hotel while Rebecca is staying at a friends house.

The family have been told it will take nine months before they can move back into the property and they have lost all of their belongings.

Carla said: "Joanne's just in shock. She's trying to put a brave face on and keeps saying 'we're all still alive that's all that matters', but there's going to come a day when she breaks down.

"She was so embarrassed that I've put the page up and that people have been helping but of course we're going to help as much as we can."

To donate to the Go Fund Me page click here.

Source: Read Full Article